Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Check out Self-Stitched-September over at So Zo!

I am woefully behind on emails and blog posts in Google Reader.  As I sit here with my feet propped up catching up in Google Reader, I was reading "Communing with Fabric" and Shams mentioned a fun blog called "So Zo..."  One reason I stay behind is that I'll read where the writer mentioned another blog and I go there and well... you get the idea.


Back in May, Zoe did a Me-Made-May where around 80 people set the goal of wearing at least one item that they made themselves.  With September coming around she's come up with a new project.  Here's what Zoe had to say:

Those of you who may have picked up on my predisposition towards alliteration made have seen this one coming, but I would like to present....... Self-Stitched-September! The title is a bit more of a mouthful than its cousin Me-Made-May, but effective enough I believe. In case you were wondering, I did consider Self-Sewn-September but realised that moniker would prohibit the inclusion of knitted or crocheted items, which would be a tragedy.


I've taken on the challenge by posting that 'I, Cynthia, (http://ramblingthoughtsofasouthernlady.blogspot.com/), sign up as a participant of Self-Stitched-September. I  endeavor to wear at least one handmade or refashioned item of clothing every day for the duration of September 2010'.


I've been collecting patterns all summer when Hancock's have their pattern sales and need some new clothes due to a 30 lb weight loss  I've not been able to get motivated to sew so I signed up to give me the motivation to get my clothes done. Join me in the fun and  to go to her blog and check it out - SoZo, What Do You Know - Join Self-Stitched-September .  If you do join in, please let us know how it goes and post some of your pictures here.  I'll be posting mine.



I'm off to see what else I can find fun in the blog world.  Maybe I'll set a record for number of posts in one day.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I need to do this...my wardrobe looks like the leftovers of a bad yard sale. LOL I need to sew an article of clothing every day.

    ReplyDelete

Life is all about learning. Sharing your thoughts will help us do that together. All I ask is that you keep the language PG and that you not leave mean spirited comments.