Monday, May 28, 2012

Recap of my 2012 Life Changes

I can't believe that I've not posted since January 14!  So much for part of the life changes I had planned. Here's a recap of the life changes I planned for 2012 and how they have progressed or not progressed.
    christart.com
    1. My first life change is to faithfully read my Bible every day; even if it’s just one verse.  I'm happy to report that I am making progress with this one.  My Bible reading is still not where I want it to be but I'm getting there. 

    1. Life change two is to become more submissive to my husband and his Biblical role as head of the household.  I have accomplished this goal and it has made a huge difference in our life.  It’s made so much of a difference that I don’t have the space or time to tell you how much it’s meant to both of us.

    1. Life change three is to put together a healthy plan of eating and stick to it.  I've always heard that it takes 28 days to develop a habit.  Every time we've gotten close to the sticking to it part, something has happened to get us off our plan.  We are both determined to do this one and we're starting over again Tuesday morning.  It was going to be Monday morning but we got invited to a Memorial Day cook out.  We've been "bad" for several weeks now so I don't see how one more day can make it any worse.

    Daveramsey.com
    1.  Life change four is to develop a workable budget and stick to it.  This is one of the most important goals and I feel like it’s a colossal failure. There's no reason for it to be so difficult.  We've been through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.  We've been to 3 live events and we have his books and we've read them.  We know the program works because we have family and friends that are living proof.  June 1 when Bill gets paid next we are starting over from the beginning.  It's very important that this does get addressed as you will see in the next few posts.

    1. Life change five is to work towards a successful way to supplement our income.  See #4.  :-)  I'm letting myself slide a little on this one because I have been doing research and looking for a niche that doesn't have 100's of people who do it better, have been doing it longer, etc.  I've got something in mind to try but I still need to find something to do while I get my skills to accomplish my idea up to speed. 

    myspacebarn.com
    1. Life change six is to blog every day.  Guess I don't even have to tell you that I've not done this one.  I should have made myself do this one even when I was spending most of my time lying down.  After all, I do have a Wi-Fi laptop so there was no excuse.  What I want to do from this point on is to post something.  A few lines, a picture, a graphic.  Something that will let you know that I value your time and appreciate you dropping by to visit.


    1. Life change seven is to plan a weekly “date night” for my wonderful husband and me.  This is one that I can say has been accomplished with great results.  Even when I was sick and/or in a flare, we managed to do something fun together even if we didn't leave home.  It's made a great difference in our lives and has been a huge help in accomplishing #2.

    Out of seven changes, I've accomplished two and have made progress on one.  Dave Ramsey says that a goal without a plan is just a dream.  I want to reach my goal so planning is in my future.
      

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Life is all about learning. Sharing your thoughts will help us do that together. All I ask is that you keep the language PG and that you not leave mean spirited comments.