Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Sarah Grace!

Sarah Grace January 2007
My youngest granddaughter turned five today. (Oops, make that yesterday.) Sarah Grace was in a hurry to get here and didn't wait for the doctor to make it over from her office. So why should I be surprised that it's already been five years?   She does everything in a hurry!  LOL

Monica had the sweetest nurse setting everything up for delivery.  This sweet nurse had only been on the OB floor for a couple of months and she'd never had a baby come before the doctor got there.  The look on the nurse's face when she realized that she was going to deliver Sarah Grace was priceless.  I wish we had gotten a picture of it. We did get a picture of  the nurse holding Sarah Grace and took her a print of it so that she'd always remember the first baby she delivered (and of course I don't have a copy).






Here's me and our birthday girl when she was 10 months old. 










      












Sarah Grace showing off her smile at her first dentist visit




Big sister Anna Katherine and Sarah Grace playing tea party/hairdresser.




It's amazing how much my granddaughters look alike. Of course, I can't put my finger on the pictures where they look almost like twins now that I want them. 
 
It's even more amazing how much they look like their mom.








Here I am with their mom when she was about 7 years old.   Don't you just love those big plastic frame glasses and the bandana?  What were we thinking back then?  LOL









I feel kinda of bad about leaving out the guys in the family.  Here's a picture made on their annual outing to pick out pumpkins for their jack-o-lanterns.  


I'm really proud of my daughter and son-in-law.  They are great parents and do so much with the kids.They go camping with Jonathan's Cub Scout troop as a family and both of them take time on a regular basis to have lunch with each of the kids at school. To me it those little things that make for a wonderful, special childhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is all about learning. Sharing your thoughts will help us do that together. All I ask is that you keep the language PG and that you not leave mean spirited comments.