Friday, January 6, 2012

Where are my shoes????

I've never been one to own a lot of shoes.  It's probably because I've never been a girly girl.  Instead of doing my hair and nails, I always preferred to be outside.  All my life I've enjoyed fishing, camping and hunting. A pair of summer dress shoes and winter dress shoes for church, weddings and funerals have always been enough for me.

Now that I have severe edema, buying shoes and even wearing them has become problematic.  I have one - yes I said one - pair of shoes that always fits no matter how swollen my feet are.  And that one pair has disappeared.  They have to be somewhere in the house but I've no idea where. 

From People of Walmart.com
Today I went to Walmart in my house shoes.  I say awful things about people who go out in public in their house shoes.  But I couldn't go barefoot and it was a bit cold for flip flops assuming I could get them on. And at least I didn't wear my pajamas with my house shoes like this lady did. I had hoped to find a back up pair of shoes but no such luck. 

These will be mine!!

My wonderful husband will be home shortly and we're planning to go out with friends.  I refuse to go to dinner in my house shoes so I'm off to tear the bedroom apart.  In case I don't find them, please keep an eye out for my black Crocs.  They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. They look much like this pair to the right. I just checked and the Crocs website has several pair on sale that will work.  But I don't think they'll be here in time even with expedited shipping.

Tune in tomorrow to find out what kind of shoes I wore tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is all about learning. Sharing your thoughts will help us do that together. All I ask is that you keep the language PG and that you not leave mean spirited comments.